The Pousada Estrela D'Água is located in Trancoso, south coast of Bahia, integrated into a sensitive ecosystem that delights the exuberance of the Atlantic Forest still preserved. The region where the Portuguese arrived for over five centuries is now protected by the National Parks: Monte Pascoal, Pau-Brazil and Discovery.
The Estrela D'Água ensures to maintain this natural heritage by adopting responsible environmental and social policies and to follow the Environmental Code of Conduct of the Association of Charming Routes, sanctioned by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
Among the practices adopted include:
• Analysis of environmental and social impact in the design and construction in order to preserve the fauna, flora and local culture;
• Combating waste of energy;
• Use switches that cut the power to be removed from the support;
• Use of solar water heaters and gas;
• Fight water waste;
• Optimized swimwear Exchange, at intervals determined by the guest.